Friday, October 16, 2015

Mural Project & Great Black & White Photographers Pt. 3

Mural Project 

1) A cool theme for the project could be student life and we could take photos of students just doing things they do on a normal day like at lunch, or in band class, or art. 

2) I think we could use the cameras for people that don't have phones, if there are any.

3) It would be cool to put the mural at the front of the school wear everyone would be able to see our photos. 


Great Black & White Photographers Pt. 3






1) I really like the angles that Abbott was using when taking these photos. She made the subjects of her photos look abstract and extraordinary just by changing the perspective of the photo. 

2)

From Berenice Abbott's book, Changing New York 

In the first photo, I see people walking down the street pushing past each other as they try to make it to work on time. Cars speed past me down the street. Everyone is rushing about. I smell the exhaust from the cars. The smell fills the air, causing everyone within a 10 foot vicinity of the cars to cough. I hear people in their cars shouting as the pedestrians hold up traffic. I taste the ice cold air as I take a deep breath in. I feel the people pushing past me, causing me to constantly bump into the buildings, scraping my hands with their rough walls. 

In the second photo, I see people crossing the bridge, constantly stopping to admire the view. I smell salty water as I cross the bridge slowly, attempting to shield myself from the cold wind coming toward me. I hear absolutely nothing except the water below splashing the base of the bridge and the footsteps of those around me. I taste a raindrop as it falls from the sky as I take a deep breath. I feel the freezing winds rushing past me. 

3) I would like to make a blog to share my thoughts of Abbott and her amazing photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment